Introduction

Greetings,
I would like to take a moment and introduce myself.  I am a writer, at least by some definition.  I have written a couple different things in years past but never really considered myself a writer.  That has now changed.  I have started a new project that I want to get published and I have other projects in mind.  I am making this blog just because I am excited about my writing projects and I wanted a place to share for whoever was interested. 

First, a little personal information, I am a wife and mother but don't let that scare you off.  I am not a girly girl.  I am not writing Romance Novels.  I am also a nurse.  I work in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of a local hospital.  I volunteer in the Civil Air Patrol, currently as a Safety Officer and a Drug Demand Reduction Officer (similar to the D.A.R.E. program).  I also participate in Search and Rescue Missions for the Civil Air Patrol. 

Here's the scary part.  I am writing Science Fiction but not just any Science Fiction.  I am embarking on the road less traveled.  I am writing Christian Science Fiction.  I can feel people heading for the hills now.  It takes a distinctive personality to be a SciFi fan first of all so I am sure I just lost the attention of those who hate SciFi.  If you take all of the SciFi fans who are left and subtract the Atheists, Agnostics and non-Christians, who's left?  I really can't say for sure but whoever is left, well, I promise my books won't be boring.

Why am I writing to such a particular audience?  I have always enjoyed living in a dream world.  I am a devoted Christian who believes that it is every Christian's responsibility to spread the Gospel message.  I also believe that not everyone was created to be a preacher or missionary or teacher.  It is our responsibility to spread the Gospel in the best way that we can and in line with the way God created us.  God gave me an imagination and this is how I intend to use it.

I think that covers the basics for now.  Any questions?

Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts