Life happens

Hello again,


I missed a week with my blog because life happens.  Last week we took some time off work to be with family and go camping.  As we were preparing for our trip, our dog Tasha died suddenly.  Tasha was 12 years old and she had been with us for 11 years.  Between dealing with the loss and going on our trip, I didn't get to write much.  This week has been a bit stressful for other smaller reasons but I have had time to write.


Before all of these events, I was stopped on page 99.  It was a place in the story line that required more character development as well as development in plot and location.  When you create an entire galaxy, it requires a little thought and planning as you can imagine.  Yes, I am being slightly facetious.  God knows all and spoke the universe into existence.  I do not have that option.  I have to look at what he has already done and base my "creation" on what might work compared to what does work.  In either case, I was at a point where I had to stop and lay down new plans and parameters at a time when I didn't have time.  I thought I was never going to reach page 100.  I did use my time away to do more of the mental planning.  This week I was able to put planning to "paper" (or computer).  I got over the "Hump." I was a little worried there for a while but I am pleased to announce that I have hit triple digits on my page numbers.  I am on page 103! 


When I read a book, I have a hard time putting it down because I want to know what's coming next.  I am having a similar reaction to writing this book.  I KNOW what is coming and I can't wait to see it for myself!  I see tension building in my characters and plots unfolding in my mind that I can't wait to put into words.  It's an excitement that I am having trouble containing.


Life still happens and I have to stop periodically and deal with it.  Right now, the laundry is calling as well as homeschooling my daughter.  I hope to make it to page 104 before the day is out.


Thanks for listening (aka reading).


Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts