[< 2020 Reboot Faulty System??>] Really?

Hey guys,

Did you know, even in the subject line, you can't start a post with a "<" symbol. I realize it is a computer coding symbol, but when you put it into a field intended for text, I thought it would be irrelevant. It's not. 😅

Since the quarantine, Sundays have been a little different for me. I don't have to get up massively early to get to church in time for the worship team practice. I'm no longer on the Worship Team but I am what could be considered a support person.

I was raised to practice Sunday as a Holy Day, set apart from other days. We didn't shop, eat out, buy gas, etc., on Sundays (travel excluded). We went to church - twice. Sunday is still such a day for me. I love my church family. Our church is awesome. They give true meaning to the scripture, "I was glad when they said to me, Let us go into the house of the Lord." Psalms 122:1 KJV. I have seen churches that the parking lot was empty until five minutes before time for service. My home church has vehicles in the parking lot easily thirty minutes before service times.

During this time of quarantine, my church family is working hard during the week and behind the scenes to prepare to minister to the congregation and the community. They are doing their best to bring all the pieces of worship and ministry to the people, yet obeying the mandates and recommendations of the governments and authorities set over them aka rendering to Ceasar that which is Ceasar's. (Matt 22:21)

Some have considered the quarantine a curse and others a blessing. If you are without income, that is indeed a hardship. If you have lost a loved one to the virus, or any other circumstance, my heart goes out to you for your loss. I am not taking this situation lightly. These situations are catastrophic and I pray daily for these needs.

Many people are home with their children 24/7. They have extra time on their hands. Time to worry, time to do extra projects around the house or time to stop and smell the roses. There is a necessity to review the finances, keep a close eye on the budget and plan for the uncertainties ahead.

I saw a meme the other day that said, "I've almost completed my 90-day trial of 2020, how do I cancel my subscription?" It's true this year has not started like most years. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

For those who are annoyed at the inconvenience and want a do-over, a system reboot, a restart, consider some things about your circumstances. What if this is the restart? the system reboot? Is 2020 the do-over you've been asking for? One of the scriptures given in an online sermon I heard this morning was from Haggai 2:6-9. 6 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord Almighty. 8 ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the Lord Almighty. 9 ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the Lord Almighty.” (NIV)

I used to listen to a song (30+ years ago) by a Christian rock band called Petra and that song has popped up in my memory numerous times over the last couple of weeks. The song is called "Shakin' the House"  https://youtu.be/Q5trdhB8Tnw  (copy and paste the URL if the link doesn't work)

Is God trying to get our attention? Is he calling the sinner to repentance? Is he answering your own prayers? You know, the ones where you've realized you don't have enough prayer in your life or Bible reading or you know your priorities are screwed up and you asked for His help. Is this your answer? Is this your reboot?

Consider those questions carefully. I can't answer them for you. I know lives are at risk. Lives are at risk every day from cancer, vehicle accidents, strokes, heart attack, and many other situations. People are dying daily. Consider what is important during these days and what will be important when this passes. What will come next? Can your house handle the shaking?

Another song has been on my mind. Newsboys, "Restart"  https://youtu.be/pBwH0XOb6dk

This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 (NKJV)

I may not be in the Lord's House this day, but I am in His presence, I am blessed, and I am a part of His family. There is no place I would rather be. Enjoy your reboot and rewrite your program for good.

Love you,
Reggi




Comments

Popular Posts