Halfway point

Greetings,


It's been a fun week to write.  I estimate that I am at the halfway point in the first book.  There really isn't a way to know for certain until I get to the end but as far as events are concerned, this is halfway.  The last couple weeks have been full of more life events which pulled me away from writing.  I'm not complaining, just explaining.  I worked a call shift at the hospital, our church was having a revival, got sick one night - just stuff. 


The fun part is a little strange, I'll admit but here it is.  Sometimes when I am writing a new section that may cross over an old section, I have to go back and re-read the old section.  I just want to be sure I'm not being redundant or contradictory.  Details are important.  The fun part is that I enjoy reading my own writing.  I know it's no guarantee that anyone else will but hey, you are supposed to do a job that you love.  I definitely am loving this.  I hope it helps pay for my retirement.


I did take one day to saturate myself in scripture because as I said before, this book is a Christian science fiction and I want to make sure that it is Holy and acceptable in God's sight.  I worry a little bit when I include small acts of violence that it might be too dark but then God points to things in the Bible that are terribly dark.  What I have included thus far pales in comparison.  Will the ending be that way as well?  Mmm - we'll see.  I know book one ends in death.


By the way, I have a friend who has published two books that you might enjoy reading.  It is a trilogy and he's currently working on book three.  I am anxious to read his third book when it comes out.  My friend's name is Jerry Minchew and his books are Knighthawke and  Knighthawke Vanishing Shadows.  Here is the link to his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knighthawke-by-Jerry-Minchew/158379144222233.  Check it out.


Page count:  142.  Woo - Hoo!


Thanks for reading and thanks for caring.


Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts