Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

One of groups that founded the United States was a group called the Puritans.  They came to the "New World" to worship God in the way that they felt was pleasing to God.  These people were also referred to as Pilgrims.  Dictionary.com defines a pilgrim as:

1. a person who journeys, especially a long distance, to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion.
2. a traveler or wanderer, especially in a foreign place.
3. an original settler in a region.
4. (initial capital letter) one of the band of Puritans who founded the colony of Plymouth, Mass., in 1620.

God gave us the right to choose to serve him or not.  When man initially chose "not," and earned a death sentence, God gave us a way out.  He still gives us the right to choose and the "Pilgrims" made a choice.  They were being persecuted by the Church of England for daring to disagree about how to worship God.  They decided to leave England and headed for the "New World."  Half of that first group of Pilgrims died their first year here.  It was a costly year for them but despite their extreme hardships, they were thankful to God.

Being thankful is a choice, not just an emotion. We've all been through difficult times.  What is hard for one may be nothing for another.  I may not understand your hard times and you may not understand mine.  Personally, I have faced the loss of loved ones, a house fire, illnesses and injuries of myself, my spouse and my children, job losses etc.  I choose to say, Thank You God for both the good times and the bad.  I am thankful for the good times because they are enjoyable and peaceful.  I am thankful for the bad times because I can look at them and go "see how God took care of us."  No I don't enjoy the bad times but I am thankful that I don't go through them alone.

As for my writing, I am thankful for this new purpose in my life and yet another way to bring glory to God.  I had to work Thanksgiving Day but I am sure that the parents of the babies in the NICU are thankful that I was there to care for their children.  We will be having Thanksgiving on Saturday in my family.  The biggest disappointment is that over my days off, I am busy getting the house ready for guests on Saturday and don't have time to write.  I love having company but I wish the housekeeping fairies would visit my house more often.  On the other hand, I am grateful for a house to keep.

God is good and I hope we can all choose to be thankful on a daily basis, not just one day a year.

I am on page 161.

Thanks to you all for your interest in my book and the support you have offered.

Reggi


Comments

Popular Posts