Annual sabbatical

Every year my husband goes to a conference in January.  I typically go with him to spend the time thinking, praying, reflecting, setting goals etc.  Last year one of my goals was to start writing this book and I did.   

I set an approximate time table of  three to four years to write 300-400 pages.  This averages out to 100 pages per year.  You also have to add into the equation the fact that the first few months are spent planning out the plot, characters, scenes etc.  The writing moves more quickly once the foundation has been laid.  As I arrived here this weekend, I had written 199 pages, double what I expected.

Awesome!!!!

I think it is awesome because I know me.  I am the type to get bored or busy and not finish things.  No, the book isn't finished but it has progressed significantly and ahead of schedule.  I expect to be past the 200 mark before tonight is over.  Will I be done with it by this time next year?  Well I guess that is something I need to reflect on and plan for.  Should I take a break between books one and two?  Should I keep writing until I have the entire trilogy complete?  Tune in next week for the answer to these and other exciting questions. (Oops, I am showing my age.)

If you have the time, pray that God will give me guidance this weekend for all areas of my life.

May God bless you and keep you.

Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts