In the stretch???

Wow!  I just started the last scenario that I intended to be in this first book.  This certainly brings mixed emotions.  I'm excited because I have been mentally writing some of these scenes from the moment I started this book.  Now I am on the verge of getting them in a more concrete form.  It also means I'm nearly at the end of this first book.  It will probably be done before the end of the year.  After I get it done then I find out if publishers think it's worth anything.  That brings a bit of anxiety with it.  I know I can self-publish if I have to but it's better to go with a name that everyone knows.  It's also a little sad because I have enjoyed writing this book so much, I hate to see it end.  I do have the Book II and Book III options.  I may have to jump right in on those while I wait on the publishers to give me their answer.  I don't know if I would have the fortitude to keep writing with a rejection on my radar.  Actually, I am a rather stubborn individual.  I bet I could.  Keep in mind a "scenario" may consist of several chapters and no, I don't have a rigid, formal outline.

You know, if this is truly where the Lord wants me and what he wants me to do, well all I can say is "WOW" and "Thank you Lord."  He put me in a place I love.  If I had listened to him when I was young, I would have already been living in this "place" for the last twenty-five years.  That was my loss to be sure.  Thankfully, God believes in second chances.

I am catching this blog up on the front end of my writing time instead of the back end so I have more to do on my book this week.  I am now on page 273.  That's Chapter 13, by the way.

It's great talking with everyone again.

One piece of advice, listen to God sooner rather than later.

Love you guys,
Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts