treasure

I read a post from GodFruits.com on Facebook this week that said "If you want to know where your heart is, look to where your mind goes when it wanders."  For those who don't know this refers to the scripture in Matthew 6:19-21

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Well if there were any doubts, let me put them to rest.  When my mind wanders, it predominantly wanders to God and to my book.  Don't get me wrong, it does sometimes go to life events like, groceries, laundry, what to fix for supper etc.  I also spend a certain amount of time playing spider solitaire on my phone or watching a few select things on TV but my mind doesn't wander there routinely.  The places it goes are very weighted in the direction of God and my book.  I wasn't surprised by the implications.  I doubt any of you were either.

On a more specific note, I have now included all four types of major conflicts.  I have man against man, man against society, man against self and now man against nature.  I can't really say who's winning though.  That would be giving away too much information.  I'm really excited about the story line but I don't want to leak any spoilers. 

On a personal note, I may not have been very efficient this week due to a conflict of my own.  Man (aka woman) against nature (aka viral respiratory infection).  I'm going to go back and reread what I've written later when I feel better and my head is clear to make sure everything makes sense.  As of now I am on page 256.  (Woo hoo).

Talk to you again soon.
Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts