Book II

Hello - again,

I know I just updated but I had to vent a little.  When I started book I, it took a lot of work to set up a new "society" with its own culture, each of my characters, the worlds they travel to, and all the idiosyncrasies of each world and society.  It was slow starting, but once I got moving it went faster and faster.  Book II is starting differently.  I have to re-explain the history of who these characters are and what they're doing.  I basically have to pretend Book I doesn't exist.  A reader has to come in and be able to pick up book II without feeling lost if they haven't read the first one.  I have some direction for my storyline but I am trying to set the stage.  I have to put the first book in a nutshell and then move on.

On a personal note, I have never cared for history but here I am (theoretically speaking) writing history.  I'm ready for the next adventure, but I have to slow down and get everyone up to speed first.  I actually had to do a basic outline (very basic) to keep myself in line.

I'm making progress.  I have a notebook I am writing new stuff in while I type in the history for my introduction. 

As always, keep me and my book in your prayers.

Reggi

Comments

Popular Posts