Beef Stew


Slow-Cooker Beef Stew Recipe | Taste of Home

Hello,

I feel like God is fixing a pot of Beef Stew. When I make stew, I put the beef in the crockpot along with some water and seasonings and let it marinate and simmer for several hours. Next, I add my vegetables and let it cook and simmer for a few more hours, stirring occasionally.

Over the last few weeks, I have been challenged to read Nehemiah, Esther, Acts, and Judges. Some of them I have read and others I never got to. Through this time of sheltering-in-place, I have been able to spend a great deal more time reading scripture, praying for the needs of others, and watching not only my own church's services on-line but other churches' services.

It's like Beef Stew. I'm the crockpot and God places the meat in, (the scriptures) and I let them simmer throughout the past few weeks. As the meat starts to get done, he adds the vegetables (the sermons, devotionals, and songs) that I have listened to. I think on those added to what I have read and an amazing blend of ingredients produces a tasty and hearty meal.

Right now, I'm simmering on what I have read and heard and my goal is to provide sustenance for those around me. No, I don't have the answers to the mysteries of the universe. God makes the meals, I just want you to know how good it tastes and that his food supplies all that we need.

Mmm, I can smell it now. "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8 (NIV). Whatever happens in the next few weeks and the months to follow is going to be awesome. I love it already.

What is God cooking in your life?

You are blessed.

Reggi



Comments

Popular Posts