Blessed

Hello again,

I just wanted to give you a little picture of the things I have been seeing lately. I've been as busy as usual with work, housework, and writing. I'm editing one book and writing another. The one I am editing asks a question that the Lord and I have been discussing at length. When I say "at length" I mean for months. The question posed, in broad terms, is "What did Jesus do for you?" A character has suffered a loss and the other characters want to know how Arni (Jesus) actually did anything to help. To the eyes of the onlooker, nothing had changed. The loss was still there.

I lean on Jesus daily and I struggle with how to explain it. I still cry when I'm hurt. I still get angry. I still get frustrated, aggravated, tired and cranky. The scripture tells us to "be ye angry and sin not." I got saved when I was ten years old. My personality was barely established. I had committed no major sins, just the little things a ten-year-old could do. God had been a part of my life since the beginning. What would have been different if he wasn't there?

If Christ were not such a big part of my life, I think I would have fallen apart when my mother died, when my house burned down, when my husband and I went through a rough patch in our marriage. I'm pretty sure I would have done some very ugly things during that time.

I've had trouble listing the things God has done for me because it's like asking, "What were you wearing last Tuesday?" I don't remember what I wore. I just know I had clothes on. I know last Monday I was wearing scrubs but whether I was wearing black, gray or pink, I don't know. I may not be able to give you a detailed list of the many ways He has helped me, I just know I am covered. Jesus is a fact in my life. I know he loves me, he speaks to me, and he guides me.

I had a rough day at work this past week. I was on the verge of being cranky. God blessed me with co-workers who saw me drowning and came to my rescue. God has blessed me by being there for the big bad ugly things and the little tiny things. This morning I had a million little things nipping at me like little yappy dogs. I don't like little yappy dogs. I fall apart quicker under the stress of the thousand little things faster than the big things. Where was God this morning? He called me to be still and know that he is Lord. I stopped and prayed. My husband was experiencing the same things I was and he had the added stress of the entire church congregation waiting on the streaming church service. I went to the Lord with all of it and I went to the body of Christ for additional prayers. God answered. The church service happened with minimal problems, the little things stopped going wrong, and a sense of peace overwrote the stress.

I challenge you to join me this week in listing the ways God has blessed you. God has blessed all of us with some much-needed family time and a break from the rigors of hefty schedules. I normally see about four regular walkers in the neighborhood. Today, I saw a lot more than that. They weren't socializing with anyone outside their own household. It blessed me to see people living a life where they got to be together as a family and enjoying time together.

What has God blessed you with?

You are a blessing to me.

Love you,

Reggi




Comments

Popular Posts